The Superior Male, and its web properties, including all of its subsidiaries and affiliates, (“TSM” “we,” “our,” and “us”) is concerned about privacy issues and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, disclose, share and protect your personal information.
SCOPE AND CONSENT
INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of the Site and to help us personalize and improve your experience.
- Information we collect automatically: When you use the Site, we collect information sent to us by your computer or mobile device. The information sent to us includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- IP Addresses: Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, administering the Site, analyzing trends, including suspicious activity detection and prevention, administering the Site, tracking traffic patterns, and gathering demographic information for aggregate use. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. If you access the Site or application via a mobile device such as a smartphone, the collected information may also include your phone’s unique device ID, location, and other similar mobile device data.
- Environmental Variables: We and our service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as your MAC address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most browsers and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
- Pixel Tags:We and our service providers may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened.
- The information you provide to us: We may collect and store any information you provide us when you use the Site. For example, when you decide to complete a user registration form, complete an online survey or make a purchase, you may be asked to provide certain information such as your contact information (name, email address, mailing address and telephone number). If you decide to place an order, we will also need to know your delivery and billing address, credit card number and expiration date.
We may also collect information from or about you from other sources, such as through your contact with us, including our Customer Service Team or your results when you respond to a survey.
Please note that if we combine any non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information as long as it is so combined.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions. When you make a purchase through the Site, we may collect your credit card number or other payment account number, billing address and other information related to such purchase (collectively, “Payment Information”) from you, and may use such Payment Information in order to fulfill your purchase.
- Permit emails to friends. We may provide functionality to permit you to send messages regarding Site-related content to a friend through the Site. If you wish to use this feature, you may provide us with your friend’s email address so that we can facilitate the sending of your message to your friend.
- Provide sales or customer service support.
- Verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes if one of our sites provides this functionality.
- Manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate suspicious account activity or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- Manage and protect our information technology infrastructure.
- Contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our Terms and Conditions.
- Provide targeted marketing and advertising, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Detect, prevent or remediate violations of our Terms and Conditions.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER THIRD PARTIES
We may share the personal information we collect from you, including your name, contact details, and transactions and activities, in connection with:
- Emails to Friends: Please note that any personal information you provide in connection with sending messages regarding Site-related content to a friend through the Site, such as your name and your email address, will, of course, be disclosed to your friend.
- Assignment:We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of The Superior Male’s business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Other Non-affiliated Parties, including service providers, such as:
- Suspicious Activity Prevention and Risk Management: to help prevent suspicious activity or assess and manage risk. For example, at the time of order, we may collect and share your email, phone number, billing and shipping addresses and device information (including IP address and geographic location) with our service provider.
- Shipping: in connection with shipping products you may have ordered through the Site.
- Other Service Providers: to enable service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as bill collection, marketing, customer service and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
Please note that our employees and service providers may be located in foreign jurisdictions, and your personal information may be subject to the laws of those foreign jurisdictions to the extent they apply stricter governance and may be made accessible to law enforcement and other authorities.
We will not provide your personal information to third parties for their use in marketing third-party products or services to you without your consent.
LAW ENFORCEMENT; EMERGENCIES; COMPLIANCE
CHILDREN UNDER 13
We comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation- Article 8 and the laws of our Member State, The Republic of Ireland. The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals not provide personal information through the Site. If you are under 13 years of age, you may browse our Site; however, you may not provide personal information to us. For example, you cannot register or make a purchase. This policy is designed to protect children. If you register with us and we discover that you are under 13, we will delete such registration. If you are under 13 and want to make a purchase, please ask a parent or guardian to place the order for you.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. We implement various security measures and tools, such as firewalls, to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. For example:
- We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) authentication to guarantee the confidentiality of online transactions made on our Site. SSL authentication and encryption of the information that you send to us over the Internet help protect your online transaction information from third-party interception.
- We never display your full credit card number once it is entered. We will only reveal the last four digits of your credit card for verification purposes.
- Data transmission over the Internet or data storage system cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. There is always a risk that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account that you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us of the problem by emailing us at [email protected]
The Site is controlled and operated by The Superior Male from the Republic of Ireland, and is not intended to subject TSM to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the Republic of Ireland. TSM does not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE YOUR HOME COUNTRY
UPDATING AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the ability to access, change and/or correct the personal information that you provide us by emailing us at [email protected]. You have the right to ask in writing whether we hold any personal information about you, to see that information, and how we collect, use or disclose your personal information. We may not be able to provide you with all the information that you request, depending on the circumstances, and there may be a charge for any copy of personal information requested. You may request that we deactivate your account by emailing us at [email protected]
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. We also reserve the right, from time to time, to re-contact former users of the Site unless the former user has explicitly withdrawn consent. You may withdraw your permission to collect, use and disclose your personal information at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, without your permission, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you have requested.
You may opt-out of receiving future emails from TSM when you register at the Site or otherwise provide your contact information to The Superior Male. Please note that this opt-out only applies to The Superior Male’s promotional emails and does not apply to communications to serve you unless you have explicitly withdrawn consent for us to use your personal information, or to other communications which may reference TSM. You may opt-out of receiving Promotional Emails by emailing us at [email protected]. If you receive a Promotional Email and want to avoid further messages, look at the end of the email for instructions on how to remove yourself from the mailing list. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable
SOCIAL COMMERCE AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES
We work with trusted third parties, including social network sites such as Facebook, and with application and developers who specialize in social commerce so that we can connect to your social networks. Other social networks we use include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube. All of these companies operate Third-Party Sites. We provide access to our Site by third parties and business partners so that we can generate interest in our products among members of your social networks and allow you to share product interests with friends in your network. The use of any features made available to you on our Site by a third party may result in information being collected or shared about you by us or by the third party. If you do not want us to be able to access information about you from Third-Party Sites, you must instruct Third-Party Sites not to share the information. We cannot control how your data is collected, stored, used or shared by Third-Party Sites or to whom it is disclosed. Please be sure to review the privacy policies and privacy settings on your social networking sites to make sure you understand the information they are sharing. If you do not want a Third-Party Site to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt-out of sharing such information. The Superior Male is not responsible for how these third parties may use information collected from or about you. However, we do identify any areas on our Site where third parties share information about you.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments, concerns or complaints about the Site’s privacy practices, please contact us by email at [email protected] or visit the Contact Us section of our website. Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us.